WHAT ARE COOKIES?
A cookie is a file that is downloaded onto the user’s computer when certain websites are accessed. Among other things, cookies allow a website to store and retrieve information about the browsing habits of a user or their computer. Depending on the information they contain and the way the computer is used, they can also be used to recognize the user. Cookies are only associated with an anonymous user and their computer or device. They do not provide references that allow personal data to be known.
COOKIES THAT ARE SUBJECT TO REGULATION AND COOKIES THAT ARE EXEMPT
In accordance with the corresponding EU directive, analytical, advertising and affiliate cookies require the user’s informed consent. Cookies of a technical nature, and those which are necessary to ensure the correct functioning of the website or to provide services expressly requested by the user, are exempt.
TYPES OF COOKIE
- a) Depending on who they are managed by, there are first-party cookies, which are sent to the user’s computer from a computer or domain managed by the publisher from which the service requested by the user is provided; and there are third-party cookies, which are sent to the user’s computer from a computer or domain that is not managed by the publisher, but by a third party, which processes the data obtained via the cookies.
- b) Depending on the amount of time they remain active, there are session cookies, which are designed for collecting and storing data while the user accesses the website; and there are persistent cookies, which store data on the computer and enable said data to be accessed and processed during a given period (which can range from a few minutes to several years). The duration of said period is defined by the party responsible for the cookie.
- c) Depending on the purpose for which the information collected by the cookies is processed, there may be:
– Technical cookies, which are required in order to use the website and provide the service that has been purchased.
– Customization cookies, which enable users to access the service in accordance with certain predefined characteristics, e.g. language, browser type, regional configuration, etc.
– Analytical cookies, which collect information on how the website is used.
– Advertising cookies, which collect information on users’ personal preferences and choices.
– Affiliate cookies, which make it possible to monitor visits from other websites with which the website is affiliated.
TYPES OF COOKIE USED BY THIS WEBSITE
The cookies used by our website enable us to store and access information regarding language, browser type and other general characteristics that are predefined by the user. They also enable us to monitor and analyse website activity, which allows us to improve and provide our services in a way that is more efficient and personalized. Under no circumstances shall these cookies provide personal data themselves; nor shall they be used to collect such data.
– They enable the user to browse and access the different services offered on the website;
– They prevent the user from having to set predefined general characteristics every time they visit the website; and
– They help to improve the functioning of the website and the services offered thereon, following the corresponding analysis of the information obtained via the cookies that have been installed.
When you visit our website, you are informed that if you continue browsing, various third-party cookies shall be installed; and that, in consequence, you therefore consent to the installation of certain cookies whose sole purpose is to monitor visits to our website in order to compile statistics (which shall always remain anonymous) regarding the visitation thereof. You are not obliged to accept the installation of these cookies. If you do not accept them, you will still be able to browse our website in its entirety.
In certain areas of our website, cookies pertaining to social networks may be installed. Specifically, these are:
- Twitter cookie, in accordance with the company’s Privacy and Cookie policies.
- Google+ and Google Maps cookies, in accordance with the information provided on the company’s website regarding the types of cookie they use.
|_ga||Third party, analytical Google Analytics||2 years||These cookies are used to monitor unique visitors to the website and store a unique client ID.
They also provide a unique ID that Google Analytics uses to ensure the validity and accessibility of the cookie. It also serves as an additional security measure.
|_gat||Third party, analytical Google Analytics||10 minutes||These cookies are used to distinguish between the different tracking objects that are created during the session.|
|_gid||Third party, analytical Google Analytics||24 hours||These cookies are used to distinguish the website’s users.|
At any time, you may configure your browser settings to accept or reject all cookies, or to select which cookies you wish to install and which you wish to reject. The procedure for configuring your cookie settings is detailed below for each browser:
Google Chrome (in the Tools menu):
Settings > Show advanced options > Privacy > Content settings > Cookies: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktopandhl=es
Microsoft Internet Explorer (in the Tools menu):
Internet options > Privacy > Advanced: https://support.microsoft.com/es-es/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
Options > Privacy > Cookies: https://support.mozilla.org/es/kb/habilitar-y-deshabilitar-cookies-sitios-web-rastrear-preferencias
Safari, iPad and iPhone:
Preferences > Privacy: https://support.apple.com/kb/ph21411?locale=es_ES
Settings > Options > Advanced > Cookies: http://help.opera.com/Windows/12.00/es-ES/cookies.html
As these browsers are subject to updates and modification, we cannot guarantee that the instructions above correspond precisely to the particular version of your browser. It may also be the case that you use another browser not mentioned above, such as Konqueror, Arora, Flock, etc. In order to prevent any difficulties, you can access the cookie settings directly via the “Options” menu on your browser. Generally, these settings are in the “Options” menu under the “Privacy” section. (Please see your browser’s “Help” section for more information.)
DISABLING, ENABLING AND DELETING COOKIES
You can restrict or block cookies via your browser settings.
If you do not want websites to install any cookies on your computer, you can adjust your browser settings so that you are notified before any cookies are installed. Likewise, you can adjust the settings so that the browser rejects all cookies, or only third-party cookies. You can also delete any cookies that are already on your computer. Bear in mind that you will have to individually adjust the settings of each browser and device that you use.
You must also bear in mind that if you choose not to accept cookies, we cannot guarantee that our website will work properly. Some of the website’s functions may be lost and it is possible that you may no longer be able to view certain websites. Furthermore, rejecting cookies does not mean that you will no longer see any advertisements. It simply means that advertisements will not be tailored to your interests, and they will be repeated more often.
Each browser has a different method for adjusting its settings. If necessary, you can consult the browser’s “Help” section to establish the proper settings.
To disable cookies on a mobile phone, consult the device’s manual for more information.
For more information about cookies and online privacy, visit
Given the way in which the Internet and websites work, we do not always have information on the cookies that are installed by third parties via our website. This particularly applies to cases in which our website contains so-called embedded elements, such as text, documents, images and short films that are stored elsewhere but are shown on or via our website.
Consequently, if you discover any cookies of this type on our website and they are not included in the list above, please notify us, or contact the third party directly and request information on the cookies they install, the purpose and lifespan of said cookies, and the measures they take to protect your privacy.